A child’s ability to successfully engage in a restorative approach develops in line with their ability to reason. ‘The
Visual Script’ has been developed as a modified version of the original Restorative Practice Conference Script.
It has been designed to support the following groups:
- Children in the Early Years (K – 2)
- Children with Special Needs (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Language Disorders)
- Children who have experienced trauma
- Children from Generational Poverty
- Some boys
The Visual Script aims to support these groups by:
- Helping them to identify and express their feelings and thoughts,
and understand those expressed by others. (expressive and
- Providing them a concrete aid to help them follow what may be
an abstract process.
- Providing the facilitator with language that is brief, clear and concise.