First published as Circle Time for Emotional Literacy, this new edition has been updated to reflect how the Circle Solutions philosophy and pedagogy can be used to build relationships and resilience for children and young people. Putting current research on wellbeing into practice, Circle Solutions addresses issues not incidents, solutions rather than problems, and strengths rather than deficits, providing a framework for student engagement and learning.
New to this edition:
– a chapter on promoting the positive: thoughts, feelings and approaches
– more anti-bullying strategies, with cyber-bullying covered explicitly
– a quick reference appendix of games
– ways of embedding Circle Solutions as a tool for wellbeing
– updated and expanded resources
Activities and games included in the book promote positive communication skills, empathy and connectedness, class cohesion and co-operation, friendship skills and ethical behaviour.